By now you’ve already heard multiple cases of people quitting rather ‘lucrative’ careers in order to start webcam modeling. There are a lot of stories in most of the major publications where you hear someone quit their day job after hearing that there is money to be made performing for strangers live on cam. You will hear of former librarians, bankers, insurance agents, realtors and the likes all of whom quit their jobs in the hopes of a promising career in the camming industry.
Interestingly, most of them usually start camming on the low even before they quit their job so that they can establish whether it’s a worthy career. They will often get live on cam when they are not working, mostly late in the evening after work, weekends or during off-days.
Once they are sure that they can make a decent living out of camming, that’s when they hand in their resignation papers. This actually makes a lot of sense because you cannot blindly venture into a career without first testing the waters before you can go all in. However, there are some few cases where you’ll hear that someone got busted accessing their webcam model account during working hours which eventually resulted in employment termination.
A good example is a librarian who was busted a few years ago performing a show right from her place of work. The case definitely got a lot of tongues wagging and received a lot of attention from the mainstream media. I would not advise anyone to perform live on cam in their place of work, not unless you want to get caught and your name dragged through the mud. In any case, it’s too much of a risk.
The best thing is to designate a few hours from your schedule when you are not at your place of work, so that you can get familiar with the business and if you deem it worthy you can definitely go ahead and quit your day job.
Why quit your ‘day job’ for a career as a webcam model?
- Money Of course, the number one reason why people quit their jobs for a life in the camming industry is the prospect of a bigger paycheque. This is the number one reason why people are willing to quit otherwise lucrative careers and risk everything to become webcam models. There is big money to be made in the camming industry and there are lots of success stories from former 9-5’s who are now making triple what they used to make.
What attracts most people is the fact that there is no limit to what you can make. Unlike fixed-salary jobs, a career in the camming sphere allows you to maximize your earnings as much as you can.
- Freedom Every human being desires to have a certain degree of freedom and once that space is threatened, you’re no longer comfortable. Unlike other jobs where you have to report at a certain time and cannot leave before a particular time, camming gives you freedom. You can wake up anytime you want or can even sleep the whole day and work at night; it’s all up to you. This taste of freedom is very alluring and honestly, it is not bad at all because you become your own boss.
- The Webcam Model Industry: Incline or Decline? - February 25, 2017
- Webcam Models Who Are Parents - October 24, 2016
- What Life is Like for a Webcam Model - October 24, 2016